August 14, 2014

Guess Who's Back?

Where did you go?

Wow... so I really have missed being on here. When I started this blog I wanted it to be a showcase of all the cool innovative things I was doing in my class.   Last year just got away from me and I am now at a new school and really excited to get this going again. I will be updating my blog more often this year and using it not only as a way to spread what innovative things my classes are doing here at Doby's Bridge Elementary, but to also keep all my parents up to date with what their child is doing in PE.

Now as I say that "I'm Back", I will be leaving school very soon. My wife and I are expecting a baby girl this month. I will keep everyone informed on the process and while I know I will enjoy starting a new chapter at home, I will also be really excited about getting back and starting a new professional teaching chapter as soon as I can get back. 

So... What is New?

(Gym Smart Board will be on a cart)
Well along with being at a new school comes new toys. Now let me say when I say new school, I mean NEW... brand new! This the biggest elementary school I have ever been in. Oh and the technology! Each classroom has a SmartTV (seen to the right). These things are amazing! I had a regular smart board in my old gym, but this baby has so many updates. No more projectors means no more shadows! This thing is literally a 72 inch TV! In the Gym we will have one on a cart that can be rolled anywhere in the gym and be stored a way in the equipment room. This year I will be running all my music off an iPod Touch. No more 1990's boom box!  Oh and did I mention this school is BRAND NEW! This means new equipment. 

Well... I am going to leave you with some pictures of the new gym and surrounding areas. Get excited for a new school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment