November 19, 2012

Why do I Blog?


(My Wife and I)





Why Did I Decide to Blog?

My name is Kyle and I am a Physical Education teacher in the wonderful town of Fort Mill, South Carolina just south of Charlotte. I am married to my beautiful wife Cat and we also live in Fort Mill. I have always wanted to start a blog, but could never figure out what I wanted to actually blog about. Could I blog about baseball? Yeah I could, but there are so many blogs out there on people's opinions on baseball strategy and coaching. Well I love my yard... What about that? I am not a professional landscaper by any means so who would want to hear me ramble about my yard? Oh yeah, did I mention it is winter and I don't have any money to spend on yard projects right now. I thought I was all out of ideas when one day I was looking for teaching best practices. See I am a physical education teacher and my co-teacher and I are always looking for new ideas to  better engaged  our students and of course have more fun. Well...what I found in my search was that there are very few blogs out there about P.E. and most that were out there are not kept up or lack the details that would benefit other teachers anyway. At that moment I knew I had to write a blog about the new and creative things my co-teacher and are teaching  and best practices that I have found through other teachers, conferences, and websites.

Whats the Purpose?

(Me teaching)
I hope that this blog not only is beneficial to new teachers but also seasoned veterans that are looking for new ideas. Some of the ideas and lessons that are posted will not be logical for every Physical Educator due to lack of equipment, space, or even time. Although every post may not benefit your classroom I encourage everyone to keep coming back because the next post could be the one that gives you that lesson or idea that your students, coworkers, and principal oohs and ahs over.

If you would like to contact me for any reason whether it be to ask a question, disagree, agree, or to get more information please either comment or email me at kliebler11@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment